Abstract Preparation Guidelines
Abstracts for oral presentations and posters to be included in the ISEO 2021 which will be held on November 12-14, 2021, online. The abstracts must be submitted to the Organizing Committee using the abstract submission form.
Abstracts should be prepared with care. Once abstracts have been submitted, they will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee who will assign them as oral and poster presentations and arrange the schedule for the presentations. Every effort will be made to accommodate the author’s preference of oral presentation or poster, but the organizers reserve the right to decide for oral or poster presentations. Under these circumstances, a high priority will be given to allowing each individual at least one oral presentation if desired. You will be notified by email of the type, date and time of your presentation.
Note: At least one of the authors must register to the congress, otherwise the abstract will not be considered by the Scientific Committee.
Note: One author may only submit 2 (two) abstracts.
Instructions for poster presentations:
Format and Size:
Standard STANDING (PORTRAIT) A3 size 297mm x 420mm, 842 pixels x 1191 pixels (screen resolution)
Font size should NOT be smaller than 14/16 p Times Roman or equal, in high quality.
Instructions for oral presentations:
25 + 5 min
15 + 5 min
Due to the high number of presentations, time constraints limited the programme.
Presenters are invited to submit and check their .ppt or .pptx format presentations at least one session prior their presentation time to the technical staff responsible for PLENARY and ORAL presentations. Please ask the desk during registration for more information.
Guidelines for abstract preparation
The authors should submit their abstract in MS-Word (.doc/.docx) as prepared according to the following guidelines of Natural Volatiles and Essential Oils (NVEO). Please download the template.
The abstract should be organized in: Title (14 points bold, Calibri), Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Acknowledgments and References. Authors names are 11 point normal, headings are 11 points bold and the body text is Calibri 11 points normal. References can be 10 points . The abstract should not exceed 1 pages including illustrations and tables. The abstract must be in high quality English
• Paper size: A4 . The title should be followed by the author’s full names and institutional affiliations of all authors. The name of the corresponding author should be followed by an asterisk (*) and his/her email address. This is the author with whom all future correspondences will be sent.
• Tables and figures must be inserted in the same MS Word files. The table and figure numbers should be mentioned correctly in the text.
• All tables and figures should have caption.
• Photographs and illustrations: Image files should be optimized to the minimum possible size without compromising on the quality. The photos and illustrations should have a resolution of 300 dpi.
• References in the text: the papers in the references list must be cited in the text and viceversa. The citation should be mentioned as author followed by the year in brackets like (Smith, 1985) or (Jones and Smith, 1999). In case a sentence starts with a citation, only the year would be in brackets; for example, Smith (1989) states that… The et al. will be used only in case that there are more than two authors (Smith et al., 1978). References should be listed in alphabetical order and include only works that have been published.
• References list: samples references are given below:
• Journal citation : Alkowni,R., Rowhani,A.,Daubert,S.,Golino,D. 2004. Partial characterization of a new ampelovirus associatedwith grapevine leaf roll disease. Journal of Plant Pathology, 86: 123-133.
• Book citation : Hull,R. 2002. Matthews’ Plant Virology.Fourth Edition. Academic Press, London, pp1-1001.
• Book chapter citation : Martelli, G.P. 1993. Leafroll. In: Martelli GP (ed)Graft Transmissible Diseases of Grapevines: Handbook for detection and Diagnosis, FAO, Rome, pp 37-44. DOI publication citation : Wang,J., Sharma,A.M., Duffy,S., Zhang ,S.2011. Occurence og grapevine leafroll-associated virus complex in Napa Valley.PLoS ONE, 6(10)doi: 10.137/journal.pone.0026227.
• Website citation : Freeborough,M.J. and Burger, J.2006. Leafroll: Economic implications. Wynboer. Accessed June 13,2012 at http://www.wynboer.co.za/recentarticles/200812-leafroll.php3.
• Abstract/Conference citation : Zavaleta-Mejía E, Cárdenas SE and Gómez RO 1993. Organismos tipo micoplasma asociados con la filodia del cempazúchil. XX Congreso Nacional de Fitopatologia, Zacatecas, 15.